Betrayal



I’m the kind of person who, after being taught and receiving the revelation of the Word of God, that even if someone offends me, or says or does something shady, as all people WILL do, would NEVER leave what I know to be the Truth and sit under and follow someone who is false teacher/preacher. I would just never do that, no matter how hurt I am. Where would I go? How could I sit under a minister who is not preaching the unadulterated Word of God? How could I believe anything that he or she says, after knowing the Truth? I would be constantly questioning their motives and beliefs, because I would already know better! 

This happened to me so I’m talking from experience. I joined a "daughter" church, which was formed from the main church body I was a part of since 1980, to help spread the gospel in a different part of the city. At first it was wonderful, a family of sorts, and I felt like it was exactly where God wanted me to be. At first. But little by little, the minister changed his mindset (or perhaps had it all along) and began preaching something I knew wasn’t biblical. It became very uncomfortable and the final “service” I attended, he was actually shouting his beliefs from the pulpit. At that point, God made it very clear to me that I should leave. What no one, including that minister, ever knew, is that, that experience hurt my walk with God more than anything I had ever experienced in all the years I was in church. It caused me bitterness, resentment and it made me question so many things I previously knew were right and wrong. I felt betrayed - not only by the pastor who was leading us astray, but also by God, because I truly believed attending there, was His will. 

It wasn’t until several years later, when I moved down to Florida to take care of my parents, that my walk with God would change. I joined Pastor Dagan’s church in Englewood, and God miraculously healed me from all of that garbage. Pastor Dagan helped me in counseling and through the preaching of the Word, to enable me to allow God to reach in and heal all those parts of my heart that were broken. I know now that I wasn’t down in Florida just to take care of my parents; I was positioned in the right church, by the right pastor, and at the right time, so I could be delivered and spiritually healed.

Why am I saying all this? I guess because when I hear about another person leaving the “fold,” it bothers me SO much and I do NOT understand. Where are they going? How can they sit under a pastor who is not preaching the truth? Are they that deceived to believe a lie? There is no where that they may go that God isn't already there. It's so ridiculous and futile to fight against God's perfect will, and yet scores of people do it every, single day...


“Where could I go to get away from your spirit? Where could I go to escape your presence? If I went up to heaven, you would be there. If I went down to the grave, you would be there too! If I could fly on the wings of dawn, stopping to rest only on the far side of the ocean— even there your hand would guide me; even there your strong hand would hold me tight!”
Psalms 139:7-10 CEB


Comments

  1. Praise The Lord ��
    I'm so glad the spirit of discernment worked within you to be able to see what was actually going on and allowed you to see it for what it was. God directed and order your steps into full truth and some may not want to hear the truth some are actually seeking just to have their ears tickled but the conviction of the Lord led you to do the right thing and there's no condemnation for those who are in Christ be blessed my Sister in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Frontier

Character